We welcome posts from members of the community!
Guidelines for our guest writers:
• We prefer your article starts off with a photo. The photo must be credited with an appropriate source, and must be legal to use. Include a hyperlink to the photo source so we know where to credit it. Multiple photos will work well if your article is longer. The Creative Commons area of Flickr is a good place to search for photos, though we prefer high-quality photos of your own.
• Post length should be approximately 300 – 800 words. The maximum word count is 900.
• The article must be of interest to our readers.
• The tone of your post should be informal and neighborly. Keep in mind that readers come from a variety of perspectives, faiths, and backgrounds. And they are probably your neighbors!
• All posts should come from personal experience. The best ones tell a story about something that happened, or is happening, to you personally. Capture the readers with a hook story at the beginning.
• Posts with bullet points are the most popular. Bullet points keep articles to-the-point and easy to read. Review past posts to make sure yours is of a similar style.
• Links back to your site or blog should be modest and fit the content of your post. If you include too many links, chances are low it will be published.
• Articles end with a brief author’s bio that links to the site (or sites) of the author’s choice. The author’s bio photo is pulled from their registered email at Gravatar.
• We reserve the right to edit submissions for brevity, grammar, readability, and sometimes for meaning. If too much editing is required to make the post useful, chances are pretty low that it will be published.
• Authors retain the copyright to their writing, but once it’s submitted, we reserve the right to use it and refer to it.
Click here to: Submit your post
We appreciate your submissions!