Information and links for vehicle owners in Loudoun County Virginia
Don’t drink and drive!
Virginia Vehicle Emissions & Inspection
Virginia requires vehicles pass a safety inspection and an emissions test.
- Learn more about the Air Check Virginia Program
- Find a Virginia State inspection station
- Find your vehicle emission inspection history
Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles (DMW)
- Address Change
- Driver License Renewal
- Plate Purchase
- Vehicle Registration Renewal
- View Your Account
- Title and Registration Fee Calculator
DMV Office Locations
Loudoun residents are required to file a personal property return with the Commissioner of the Revenue within 60 days of acquiring or bringing such property into Loudoun County or one of Loudoun’s seven incorporated towns. This applies to all vehicles owned by individuals or businesses, whether titled in Virginia or out of state.
Personal property taxes are billed semiannually and are due to be paid to the Loudoun County Treasurer by May 5 and October 5 of each year, or December 5 if the vehicle becomes taxable in Loudoun County in the latter part of the year.
Commissioner of the Revenue Functions
- Register a car, truck, motorcycle or motor home
- Register a camper or trailer
- Register a boat, airplane or mobile home
- Report the move, sale or disposal of vehicles or report mailing address changes for an existing account
- File a Vehicle Personal Property Tax Declaration for an existing account
Treasurer’s Office Functions
- Pay Personal Property Taxes / Decal
- Register to Receive Personal Property Tax Bills Electronically (E-Billing)
- Personal Property Tax Payment History
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Register with Alert Loudoun for Notification of Tax Deadlines